Hi pretty people.
Happy National Nutrition Month! How it has been going on for 12 days and I haven’t talked about this is beyond me… While we are at it, let’s go ahead and say Happy Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day! (FYI: the letters “RD” are now accompanied by one more… “RDN”= Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Personally, I like RD better because it sounds more professional to me (but let’s be real, what the heck do I know??) but I understand the change (more people are familiar with the word “nutritionist” than they are with “dietitian”)
Anywhooo, due to all of the love that the field of nutrition and dietetics is getting this month I am proposing a challenge to you. I challenge YOU to do just ONE thing a day that will benefit you nutritionally. It doesn’t have to be anything big. Here are some ideas that I came up with:
- Drink 1 glass of water at mealtime
- Cook yourself a nice big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast to start your day right
- Grab a piece of fruit (or cut up some nice strawberries that are coming back in season!) for a snack
- Prepare a healthy dinner with lots of veggies
- Choose whole grains (as simple as reaching for the darker colored burger bun at lunch time!)
- Eat slowly and enjoy your food, really taste it
- Listen to your body’s hunger cues, evaluate if you are hungry or bored
- Try a new dish, restaurant or cuisine
Steal one of these or come up with your own. Do whatever your little heart desires! I simply ask you to consciously do one positive nutritional thing a day for the rest of the month of March to help celebrate.