The color orange just screams fall. Pumpkin, squash and sweet potato seem to be everywhere- And I love it.
This dish is no exception. It’s so warm and comforting you’ll want to follow dinner with a cup of hot apple cider or cocoa under a giant blanket to keep it going. Doesn’t get much more fall than that.
The lean protein and complex carbs will keep you full through the evening. It’s also packed with loads of vitamin A from the sweet potatoes which will help with immunity, vision, skin/bone health, and regulate cell growth and division.
The dinner took less than 30 minutes to prepare- which is always something I aim for- not a dinner that takes all evening to make. Ain’t no body got time for that.
Quick & Easy Sweet Potato Turkey Skillet
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/4 of a sweet onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves; finely chopped
- 8oz lean ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp diced green onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic, sauté 2-3 minutes. Add in ground turkey, cooking for ~3 more minutes.
- Next, add in remaining ingredients and mix until spices are evenly distributed.
- Before covering skillet with a lid add ~2 tbsp of water (or broth), this will help the sweet potatoes cook. Cover and cook for ~10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Information per 1/2 recipe: 345 calories, 12.5g fat, 29g carbohydrates, 26g protein