I believe that food should never be boring. I am in my mid-twenties and still enjoy playing with my food- and I don’t anticipate that ever stopping.
This past week I was doing my usual grocery store ad scrolling and saw a fantastic deal on Michigan cranberries. Ding Ding Ding!
So festive and so many ideas came to mind, so I immediately added them to my list.
The first recipe I made were these adorb holiday dinner inspire cupcakes. They’re so cute I almost didn’t want to eat them… Almost..
They were very simple to make and made dinner time much more fun. Fantastic for both kids and adults alike.
Cranberry Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes With Mashed Potato Frosting And Cranberry Sauce Topping
Yield: 2, 2 cupcake servings
2 medium potatoes
- 1 cup fresh, raw cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup milk (I used cashew)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Cube them and place them in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, ~20-25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, combine cranberries, water, and sugar into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook for ~5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cranberries will pop and the mixture will reduce by about half, becoming thick. Set aside.
- For the cupcakes, in a large bowl combine 2-3 tbsp prepared cranberry sauce, turkey, egg white, oats, onion, Worcestershire sauce, & 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and spread turkey mixture evenly between 4 muffin molds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the muffin pan.
- Then, take the turkey out of the muffin pan and place on a cookie sheet, cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes (this helps to get the bottoms crisper)
- Once potatoes are finished, mash with a potato masher, adding in 2 tbsp milk at first, adding more as necessary until desired consistency is met. Then add 1/2 tsp garlic powder and thyme. Salt & pepper if desired.
- Now, assemble cupcakes, place a large dollop of mashed potatoes on top of each turkey cupcake, then top with remaining cranberry sauce.
- Dig in!
Nutrition Information Per 2 cupcakes: 418 calories, 9g fat, 60g carbohydrate, 30g protein