I know you shouldn’t eat your feelings, but it’s kinda hard to make the argument that chocolate can’t cure a bad day. That’s what I always have chocolate at my desk, a little thing we like to call “discretionary calories”.
I mentioned in my last post (Cranberry Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes With Mashed Potato Frosting and Cranberry Sauce Topping) that I picked up a bag of Michigan Cranberries, we’ll we are going to keep the cranberry train goin’ with today’s recipe.
These are the perfect ooey, gooey, holiday season brownies. They’re been healthified a bit (hence why they only have 180 some calories per 1/8th of the pie- that’s a large slice!) but still taste so chocolatey and indulgent. We ate these for dessert on the daily, with no shame.
Double Chocolate Cranberry Brownie Pie
Yeild: 8 slices, 1 slice serving each
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 container yogurt (I used Kroger Carb Master)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan combine cranberries, water, and 2 tbsp sugar. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Cranberries will pop and mixture will be reduced by half. Using a fork, stir, mushing cranberries, creating a sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease a pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar. Once evenly combined mix in eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Next, add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, stirring until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pie pan. Drop cranberry sauce by the spoonful on top of batter. Then, use a knife to swirl in sauce.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, center will remain gooey.
Nutrition Information Per 1/8th pie: 186 calories, 6.55g fat, 28.3g carbohydrate, 6g protein