There are few things that I love more than a large plate of decadent breakfast food with a good cup of coffee.
And what if I told you that you could have peanut butter, chocolate, waffles, 20g protein and less than 300 calories all on that plate? Would you be excited? Because that’s what I am about to do.
Like most of my waffle recipes this is made with oats to give you complex carbs to keep you full, applesauce in place of oil to keep it low fat, and a few egg whites for a protein punch.
Peanut Butter Drizzled Chocolate Waffles
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup quick oats
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup PB2
- Pulse oats in a food processor until finely ground into oat flour
- Add in remaining ingredients (except PB2) and process until evenly combined
- In a small bowl add water (~3-4 tbsp) to PB2, you will want this to be thinner than what the directions call for
- Pour batter into a heated waffle iron lightly coated with cooking spray, drizzling ~2 tsp of PB2 onto top of batter
- cook according to waffle maker directions
- Dress them up with your favorite toppings!
Nutrition Information 1/2 Per Recipe: 281 calories, 5g fat, 43g carbohydrate, 20g protein