June 2, 2017….. Seriously?? No complaints here though. I am loving the sunshine and warmth. Feeling the sun on my skin is one of my favorite things, so summertime is an absolute joy! Also one of my favorite things: Summer food. Out with the warm, indulgent dishes of the winter (for the most part- there is still a time and a place during summer) and say hello to U-pick fruits, pasta salads loaded with fresh veggies, and my favorite- ice cold desserts! (Per this paragraph: I have a lot of favorites…)
As I am sure you all know by now, my food processor is my favorite (I just really like a lot of things, okay?) kitchen appliance. Banana “ice cream” is one of the most frequent things I make with it. While I admit to making this all winter long (Because I have a sweet tooth problem), it’s the ideal refreshing treat for the summer. Simple ingredients loaded with vitamins and minerals, no added sugar, and virtually fat free.
I made a little spin on my typical large container of “Nice” cream, and made these Banana “Nice”-cream cupcakes. They’re great because they freeze into individual serving sizes, so you just pop one out, thaw for a few minutes, and chow!
It may look like there are a lot of steps to this recipe, but I promise they’re super simple.
Banana “Nice” Cream Cupcakes
Yield: 4 cupcakes, 1 serving per cupcake
- 3 sheets Graham Cracker
- 3 medium bananas
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened Cashew)
- Place bananas in freezer, remove when frozen solid.
- Pulse Graham crackers in food processor until small/medium chunks- be careful not to make powder!
- Remove frozen bananas from freezer and slice. Allow to thaw for ~3-5 minutes.
- Place banana slices in food processor, begin to pulse. Once bananas begin to break up, place food process on medium/low and stream in milk, processing until smooth
- Spray a muffin tin slightly with non-stick spray.
- Reserve about ¼ of the graham crackers, dispersing remaining ¾ into the bottom of 4 muffin wells
- Top graham crackers with banana mixture, evenly among all 4
- Top with remaining graham crackers
- Freeze until solid. When ready to eat, remove from muffin tin and allow to thaw for ~5 minutes to soften slightly
Nutrition Information per Cupcake: 129 calories, 2.5g fat, 28.5g carbohydrate, 1.75g protein
**Beagle Not Included**