Let’s play a game.
First word that comes to mind when I say …
Chances are you either thought 1. Delicious or 2. Fatty
If you’re in camp number 1, you’re on point and I like you. If you are in camp number 2, I am about to make you really happy- because creamy pasta does NOT always mean fatty. Enter in the secret weapon of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is protein-packed, fat-free, and oh so versatile.
When paired with fresh summer staples, like lemon and basil (such a power couple), and the comfort of carbs in the form of angel hair pasta- you’ll be in foodie heaven.
Lemon-Basil Angel Hair Pasta
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 oz angel hair pasta, uncooked
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ of a lemon
- ¼ cup chopped basil, fresh
- Boil a large pot of water. Once at a rolling boil, cook pasta for ~7 minutes. Drain once finished.
- While pasta is cooking, in a small-medium sized bowl whisk together, yogurt, milk, garlic (Either use a press or finely chop), onion powder and salt.
- Add about 1-2 tsp lemon zest from the ½ lemon, add juice from entire ½ of lemon
- Coat drained pasta with yogurt sauce
- Fold in basil to coated pasta
- This pasta can be served warm or cold. Top with protein source of your choice, if desired (Ideas: salmon or grilled chicken)
Nutrition Information per serving (1/2 recipe- not including protein source if added): 242.03 calories, 2.3g fat, 13.5g protein, 42g carbohydrate
Enjoy the sweet taste of summer!!!